2022 Quantitative Analytics Programme - PH
Quantitative Analytics Programme 133359BR
About the Role
Supports the full range of fundamental regional and cross-commodity market analyses in local markets, including supply/demand and transport analysis.
· Delivers effective and timely communication of analytical results to the relevant teams, developing trading recommendations based on analysis.
· Assists in conducting ongoing research on longer-term issues impacting relevant local markets.
· Supports local teams to deliver technical training and the demonstration of their capabilities to customers.
· Complies with BP’s Code of Conduct and models BP’s Values & Behaviours.
· Identifies and prioritises analyses that provide country-specific commercial insight, producing reports and presenting results to the necessary internal and external stakeholders.
· Builds relationships with relevant internal teams to maintain exposure to necessary information, share insights and knowledge and develop trading recommendations and cross-discipline solutions, and maintains relationships with customers to understand business requirements and goals.
· Seeks continuous improvement opportunities in the analytics infrastructure, approaches and methodologies, evaluating and incorporating external best practices and staying abreast of regulatory changes.
· Monitors the external environment including the global economy and financial flows to understand the major moves in the market, how they link back to trading activity and fundamentals.
· Contributes to the development and success of the Trading Analytics’ long term strategic priorities · Proactively fosters collaboration and the building of partnerships across Trading Analytics and IST, and in so doing drives the sharing of knowledge and expertise
· Proactively address technical, technology and capability development in their area of expertise including coaching and mentoring of others, recruitment of talent and building talent pipeline
· Provide leadership in their technical discipline or commercial field, continually seeking improvement to current practices, recommending innovations, and leading on implementation of change
· Maintains awareness of best practice development and innovation through building and establishing connections internally and externally · Provides authoritative technical and/or commercial advice, dealing with some of the most complex problems the Analytics team are posed.
· Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
· Drives the creation and maintenance of the global trading analytics strategy, setting priorities and allocating resources strategically to enable the identification, quantification and delivery of investment ideas and prospective projects.
· Takes overall accountability for providing, applying and communicating high-quality, relevant research, analyses and modelling, translating analyses and insights into superior trading strategies and sustainable competitive advantages.
· Nurtures long-term, trusted, strategic relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to understand and respond to long-term business requirements, representing BP as an industry expert at external events.
· Manages a large team of direct reports, demonstrating effective leadership to ensure excellence in delivery against plans, championing a continuous improvement culture throughout all activities, while delivering performance management, technical development, direction and coaching.