Job Title: Claims Representative Trainee
Job Type: Full-time Position
Insurance Industry Sector: Reinsurance, Claims
Location: Madison, WI 53718 (This is an in-person opportunity)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $36,000 - $40,000
Benefits: Full suite of benefits offered (i.e. Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, etc.)
Our client offers great benefits and is seeking an up-and-coming young professional! This is a great opportunity for anyone seeking to launch a career within this industry! The company provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. The Claims trainee program includes training in the Auto and Casualty coverage lines. Candidate must be locally based in Madison, WI. After training is completed, the company offers a variety of flexible work schedules and options for working remotely (hybrid schedule).
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Strong customer service focus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with a fast pace and a high volume of phone calls.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Education, work or volunteer experience reflecting these skills and attributes.
- Insurance knowledge or experience is a plus, but no prior insurance knowledge or experience is required.
- Bachelors or Associates degree (preferred)
The Claims Representative handles Automobile claims such as vehicle damage from hail, hitting animals, and other accidents involving only the insured’s vehicle. Handling claims includes:
- Obtaining the facts of the claim and reviewing coverage.
- Reviewing estimates, appraisals, police reports, medical bills, and other documents.
- Timely, clear, and professional communication with customers, agents, and vendors.
- Frequently making and receiving phone calls.
- Working within your authority to timely and appropriate resolve claims
- Working with the management team on claims that exceed your authority.
- Using a variety of software to manage your work and document the claim file.
- Active participation in a variety of team meetings and training.
- Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
Note: Questpro Consultants is a recruiting firm (third-party vendor) and we are recruiting on behalf of our client: WRC Group.