Business Development Associate, Summer Internship
Cured's Digital Marketing and CRM platform is the first solution built for healthcare organizations. Our platform allows organizations to seamlessly engage with their customers to build unparalleled relationships throughout their care journey.
Cured is committed to a diverse workforce - we believe that a broad array of perspectives leads to stronger products and more satisfied customers - so applicants belonging to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cured has locations in Boulder, Chicago, and Indianapolis. Selected candidates will have the ability to select which location they prefer to work or be fully remote for the duration.
Our business development (BD) internship program is a paid internship that will immerse you into the day-to-day world of a high-growth healthcare technology start-up building the foremost digital marketing and CRM platform for healthcare organizations.
You will be focused primarily on supporting all aspects of the outbound and inbound sales process, including opportunities to lend a hand to adjacent teams such as Marketing and/or Customer Delivery, depending upon your interest and skills.
Activities will include researching and building out prospective customers and associated contacts in our CRM (HubSpot), preparing sales related materials like discovery documents, notes, introductory decks, etc., and working side-by-side with our team of BD professionals. You will learn how we approach outbound messaging, respond to customer requests and questions, build relationships, and thoughtfully move towards close with prospective and current customers.
Note that previous summer interns have joined on as full-time ongoing BD team members!
In addition, the leadership team will work directly with you at the beginning of the internship to design and develop a capstone project based on your particular interests. We will carve time out of your internship to allow you to focus on researching and developing a final deliverable regarding the capstone project.
What will make you successful here
- Desire to be an integral part of a fast-paced, growing healthcare technology company, with strong initiative and willingness to challenge your own perspectives, jump in, and get things done
- Passionate about helping others succeed
- Committed to deeply understanding what Cured does, how we are moving the industry forward, and how we can help buyers be successful within their own organizations
- Stand out as a thoughtful, responsive communicator to all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Adept at dealing with a changing environment, being a team player, and moving quickly to help align internal resources when and as needed
- Committed to building a healthy and supportive work environment for yourself and your colleagues
Applicants need not have historical experience in the healthcare setting; however, you should be passionate about wanting to improve the ability to meaningfully connect individuals and their families with the right care
- Interest in healthcare is preferred but not required
- Academic focus in business and/or marketing is preferred but not required
- Excellent records of academic and extra-curricular leadership
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
Applications and interviews occur on a rolling basis. We have locations in Boulder, Chicago, and Indianapolis. Fully remote candidates are considered on a case by case basis.