Entry Level Biostatistician
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division comprises a collaborative, diverse group of researchers with backgrounds ranging from bioinformatics, data science, statistics, epidemiology, and study and data management. We use this expertise to lead coordinating centers for multicenter studies, conduct observational field studies, and to serve as subject matter experts for a variety of projects across RTI.
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division of RTI is seeking entry-level Biostatistician candidates to join our team. These candidates are recent or upcoming Bachelor level graduates and will start Spring/Summer 2022. The candidates will provide support of pre-clinical research, clinical trials, and observational studies. Tasks will include assisting in statistical analysis, implementation, and analysis.
• Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute routine/established data processing, data editing, and some data analysis activities with supervision.
• Manage large datasets; move and merge data files from different platforms, clean, aggregate, data and perform procedures to ensure the quality of data/analysis products.
• Produce and distribute reports in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development of solutions to problems where established theories and techniques have been identified or where existing procedures are to be used.
• Carry out professional development efforts as recommended by supervisory staff.
• Assist with the development of manuscripts performing different tasks such as preparation of analysis datasets, summary tables, and writing technical sections once data collection has ended.
• Recent bachelor’s (degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, or related field) with experience outside of the classroom in a clinical or epidemiologic related area.
• Experience working with SAS and Excel. Experience with other statistical packages is a plus (e.g., R, Python).
• Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
• Inquisitive, organized and detail oriented. Must enjoy investigating details and figuring out the solutions to problems (e.g., digging through the details to determine why two values that should match do not).
• A strong interest in developing expertise in the content and specific data we are working with (not just playing with numbers in a vacuum).
• Ability to incorporate quality standards into work routines.
• Effective skills in communication and team collaboration.
• Excellent writing skills as evidenced by cover letter.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.