Cloud Business Systems Analyst I (L7)
Cloud Business Systems Analyst I (L7) (DAI0000OSQ)
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), a division of Daimler Truck AG (DTAG), is seeking innovative team members to work on our Cloud and Emerging Technologies (CET) team in support of Daimler’s CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared & Services, and Electric) strategies. CET’s operations are an integral part of Daimler Truck’s hybrid cloud strategy leveraging public cloud (Azure / AWS) and private cloud (CaaS and PaaS platforms). The team works within the IT Technology Infrastructure group and Global Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) to develop, promote, and maintain cloud platforms and explore new technologies and IT frameworks in direct support and enablement of forward-thinking products developed by Digital Vehicle Services (DVS), Autonomous Technology Group (ATG), Data Intelligence Hub (DIH) and others. The team is looking for highly skilled individual with relevant knowledge and experience in DevOps methods and tools, infrastructure as code, automation and administration of a large cloud environment.
The Business Systems Analyst I and Cloud Service Broker (CSB) acts as the liaison between platform and product groups while advocating for customer and stakeholder requirements. They are expected to assist with application architecture design and implementation of global Daimler Truck cloud platforms with a focus on direct support of the ATG and DVS divisions. The role is a facilitator, expediter and concierge for engineering and application teams working on Emerging Technologies (autonomous vehicle development, connected vehicles, etc.) tasked with ensuring key strategic efforts receive prompt and curated IT support.
As a successful candidate you have a DevOps mindset and experience with facilitating complex technical solutions. You should have experience with CI/CD tools, DevOps, Public Cloud services, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC). The candidate will be expected to be able to communicate with a broad level of audiences including management, engineering and development teams while presenting the necessary level of detail to provide prompt and effective response to IT needs. The candidate will be expected to be in regular communication with CASE and Cloud Platform customers to ensure delivery of a full spectrum of services as well as development of new offerings. The candidate will act as point of contact for CASE and development teams and management to understand implications of changes and requests and respond as needed to teams with novel demands. The candidate is expected to work with and within various teams on or off-shore and be flexible in day to day work activities.
- Work with CASE engineering teams as a dedicated and integrated IT resource to gather needs and requirements, document and direct to the correct IT groups for resolution.
- Work with internal Daimler Truck groups (ex: Architecture Design Team, Digital Transformation Office, Autonomous Technology Group) and vendor teams to design and promote solutions.
- Facilitates discussion on and creates technical documentation for enterprise systems and provides feedback on design decisions based on stakeholder requirements. Provide consulting to teams interested in cloud computing on and off premise to validate business requirements
- Anticipate changes in technology landscape and analyze feasibility to implement viable offerings
- Participate in development of emerging technology design requests for connected vehicles, connected factories, big data, and other emerging technologies.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and become a go-to expert in various processes unique to Daimler Trucks.
- Assist development team in product creation including development, testing, and launch while providing feedback and QA
- Assist scrum master and teams in identifying dependencies and developing solutions to blocked work items while following Agile processes.
- Assists with questions about the product backlog and provides input for contents and prioritization. Assists with creating clear, actionable user stories and defines and develops products on future roadmap
- Establishes stakeholder expectations for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Understand and interpret security and legal requirements and facilitate decisions on risk posture and response while influencing standards where applicable
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field OR 4+ years of progressively responsible IT experience in lieu of degree
- Detail oriented, proactive self-starter, who demonstrates independent thinking and problem solving ability. (Required)
- Ability to build relationships, influence key decision-makers, and collaborate on a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience. (Required)
- Ability to work collaboratively with geographically dispersed teams in NAFTA, EMEA, APAC and other regions. (Required)
- Able to travel nationally and internationally (Required)
- Ability to present to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical, and participate with management in strategic planning, design, and decision-making processes. (Required)
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams without supervision (Required)
- Effective communication (Oral and Written) at both technical and business level (Required)
- Ability to present ideas and solutions to large and small groups at all levels of executive leadership, management, customers, stakeholders, and peer teams (Required)
- Ability to facilitate complex technical decisions and create detailed designs (Required)
- Ability to work in Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Azure Boards, etc. (Required)
- Customer Relationship and management experience (Required)
- Ability in analyzing customer and stakeholder requirements (Required)
- An attached resume is required
Typical Minimum Experience Preferred (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 0-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience with cloud platforms and cloud administration (monitoring, budgeting, security) such as AWS, Azure, IBM or similar (Desired)
- Experience with cloud computing services/platforms and their implementation; IaaS, PaaS, CaaS, SaaS. (Desired)
- Experience with automation and DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps or Git (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with tools such as Terraform, Azure CLI or Ansible (Desired)
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX OS (RH, IBM AIX, Ubuntu, SUSE) Windows OS (Desired)
- Experience with software development processes (Desired)
- Experience with scripting language like Python, Bash, PowerShell, or similar (Desired)
- Experience with Networking and protocols (Desired)
- Experience with CaaS management (Kubernetes, Docker, microservices, etc.) (Desired)
- Experience with secrets management (Hashicorp Vault, Azure Key Vault, etc.) (Desired)
- Certified Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) or Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner (Desired)
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.