Deep Learning Engineer
With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’ve built an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy custom computer vision models without having to write a single line of code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security. We’re leaders in machine learning and big data, having published research and a textbook, and we have 10 computer vision patents pending. We annually hold a world-class conference in the Bay Area: Scaled Machine Learning (scaledml.org).
We’re looking for a Deep Learning Engineer to help develop and build the computer vision models and algorithms that powers Matroid’s computer vision platform. Working alongside software and solutions experts, you’ll collaborate to solve problems, enable features and increase efficiency by developing and deploying innovative computer vision solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Explore and create new neural network architectures and machine learning algorithms
- Integrate these models and algorithms into the Matroid platform
- Develop prototypes and execute experiments to help guide engineering efforts
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will appropriately set the quality standards for your work.
- You will be working collaboratively alongside software and solutions engineers to develop new features for the platform.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization), Statistics, Mathematics (Probability), or equivalent.
- Strong foundations in probability, linear algebra, and optimization.
- Strong coding skills.
- Background in machine learning and experience with Deep Learning and CNNs.
Bonus points if...
- Experience with large-scale industrial applications of statistical modeling and inference.
- Experience with machine learning in computer vision.
- PhD in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization), Statistics, Mathematics (Probability), or equivalent.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
- You’ll be working onsite at our new downtown Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.