Operations Research Analyst
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Full-Time Operation Research Analyst, GS-1515-11/12 to work at Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) in the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) at Eglin AFB in Florida.
In this position you will serve as an operations research analyst or engineer specializing in safe escape analyses with the responsibility of serving as a store certification analyst and performing safety of flight analysis for the Mission Planning and Ballistics team in the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office.
This position has a typical 2022 salary range of $66,214 - $103,176 (includes locality).
Announcement closes: 14 February 2022
- Recruitment and relocation incentive maybe available for this positon
- This position is Situational Telework Eligible (must reside in the local area)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Obtain & maintain Secret Security clearance
- Education requirements Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
- One year related post graduate experience or related Masters degree
- Possess or able to obtain Engineering Level II DAWIA Certification
- Mathematical or engineering skills to apply to the specialized areas of weapon ballistics, aircraft safety of flight analysis and mission planning.
- Knowledge of weapon systems characteristics and capabilities and aircraft performance profiles.
- Experience in the fields of weapon ballistics and aircraft flight as required for mission planning and aircraft stores certification
Department of the Air Force has implemented COVID-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14043. Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. Upon selection, you will be required to provide documentation proof as “fully vaccinated” prior to issuance of a firm job offer. Air Force will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exemption from this requirement. More information on COVID requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.AFciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.