Analyst, Strategic Analysis and Sourcing
Analyst, Strategic Analysis & Sourcing
The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm with over $14 billion in assets under management and an international portfolio of more than 140 portfolio companies. Riverside started as a one-person operation in 1988, and has grown to include offices in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region staffed with more than 300 professionals. The firm invests across three core strategies -- private equity, structured capital and private credit. Riverside has a fast-paced environment and a culture of openness. For more information, visit www.riversidecompany.com.
The Riverside Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and embraces the diversity of its people and encourages women and minorities to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
STRATEGIC ANALYSIS & SOURCING (SAS)
SAS is responsible for providing Riverside’s Co-CEOs with analysis and advice to support Riverside’s strategic growth. To do so, the team must stay abreast of trends within the Private Equity industry, research and model new business and product sunsetting initiatives, and guide decision-making based on the firm’s strategic plan. The second key responsibility of SAS is to support the CIO role, primarily by producing research and analysis to inform decision-making that helps maximize investment upside and appropriately manage risk. In addition, SAS is responsible for managing the institutionalized data used for tracking investment and exit activity, portfolio financial performance and returns, and performing reporting and analysis using this information. Finally, SAS is responsible for managing several preferred vendor programs aimed at saving its portfolio companies (and itself!) money and enhancing service levels.
The Analyst will work out of the New York office under the supervision of the Senior Director of Strategy & Analytics. The Analyst’s responsibilities will include:
- Leverage internal database to gather, maintain, and use data for portfolio analysis that is used for management and investor reporting as well as special projects. Become an expert at extracting and using the data for performance analyses.
- Help maintain and enhance the database to smoothly and accurately collect portfolio financials, portfolio valuations, cash flows, and deal
- statistics. This includes writing new business requirements, testing system changes, and suggesting enhancements.
- Assist in research and analysis of Riverside’s industry specializations, investment trends, and market developments to support Riverside’s investment strategy. Present data visually to help highlight important findings.
- Assist in research of industry trends, investor interests and competitors to support strategic initiatives. Be familiar with the key players (competitors and comps) and present relevant findings to the team (or something like that so that it is not just doing what you’re told?).
- Prepare financial models to support the evaluation of new and existing business plans for Riverside products.
- Regularly prepare presentations and memos to report research and analysis.
- Coordinate & work with other areas of the firm throughout the organization on various efforts (Fund Administration, Information Technology, Origination, Fundraising & Investor Relations, Marketing & Communications, Administrative, etc.)
The job responsibilities may be changed or expanded at will and are expected to expand in conjunction with experience and the firm’s needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 1-2 years of transferrable experience
• Strong financial modeling and Excel skills
• Focused on continuous improvement
• Familiarity with basic valuation tools (comparables, DCF models, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills: ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
• Ability to present research and analytics graphically to support insights
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Familiarity with database management a plus
• Attitude of energy and urgency
• Self-starter; curious mind, efficient and productive worker
• Familiarity with the private equity industry
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Reporting Structure: Reports to Senior Director, Strategic Analysis & Sourcing
Required education: Bachelor’s degree from a top tier school
Required experience: 1-2 years of experience in a corporate business environment