Battery Supply Chain Co-Op (Summer & Fall 2022)
The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Building battery-electric vehicles for all people requires building an equitable and inclusive company which mirrors that diversity. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is what’s driving our business forward every day. It starts by ensuring that our workplace, workforce and industry reflect all the communities we are proud to serve.
Proterra is looking for two full-time Co-Ops to support our Battery- Supply Chain team and other site leadership team members at our City of Industry Manufacturing Facility. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
- Support Proterra Powered Sourcing team
- Tactical process improvement: I supplier launch, ASN launch, in transit process improvement
- Supply base: Rough cut capacity improvement, automated RFQ process development
- Compliance work - Additional support by team to include RoHS,REACH, ELV
- Organize our sourcing files – NDA, Contracts, Quotes, information
- Specialized battery projects such as development processes for New product introduction
- Clear to build process streamline
- Support on cost reduction analytics
- Cost data tracker – plan for every part combining battery bom’s and creating PPV and overall plan for every part document
- Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Proterra, which allows interns to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
- Participate in data analysis and root cause analysis.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Supply Chain team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations in City of Industry, CA.
- You will report to the Manager of Supply Chain and may collaborate with other team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA or in our manufacturing facility in Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Enrollment in a bachelor’s program for the Spring 2022 semester in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering. Master's student preferred.
- Must have completed of your sophomore year or later in your current program with coursework around supply chain management.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
You might also have:
- Advanced Excel Knowledge
- Tableau Knowledge
- ERP experience
Location: City of Industry, CA
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Full-time Summer & Fall Semesters
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).