Sustainability Analyst Intern - Summer 2022
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
As a key member of our growing team of analysts, the Sustainability Analyst Intern will gather, organize, and analyze water and energy usage data for each facility to establish a baseline on which future metrics for water and energy conservation company wide. Reporting directly to the Director of Environmental, Health, & Safety, they will be part of a team of professionals across the organization identifying and implementing quantifiable improvements throughout the organization.
Duties include but not limited to:
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
· Lead a project to analyze utility data from 40+ individual Pacific Seafood facilities across the US to identify usage trends as they relate to production and operation activities.
· Determine a baseline of water and energy usage for each facility and correlate findings to specific manufacturing processes and equipment, operating seasons, and existing infrastructure.
· Synthesize data analysis and findings in a written report with recommendations for future conservation and sustainability projects.
· Keep detailed, accurate, and organized records.
· Communicate progress on continuous improvement initiatives through all levels of the organization.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of Environmental Sciences related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.