Operations Intern - Summer 2022, Sacramento, CA
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Responsible for process improvement, training, data analytics, and transportation logistics. Will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our distribution team. Will gain an understanding how a warehouse operates and identify areas for improvement.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
· Work with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Warehouse team to identify opportunities to streamline current processes.
· Collaborate with other operations interns across multiple locations to gather and analyze operation data to identify root causes for problems and recommend solutions.
· Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for DC processes including picking and receiving.
· Design training materials to support SOPs and help onboard new team members.
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of an Operations Management or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Prior work experience in related field and a professional office environment.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.