COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH COMPUTER SCIENTIST - HUMAN PERFORMANCE
Who We Are:
Join a team that develops creative solutions for a variety of commercial and military applications across the human performance domain. We have a dedicated lab for the research and development of game changing human performance technologies. Our scientists and engineers represent diverse technical backgrounds that include: biomechanics, computer science, machine learning, systems engineering, sensor fusion, biomedical engineering, physics, statistics, and applied mathematics.
Objectives of this Role:
- We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong software development skills who want to tackle difficult problems and develop new and exciting technical solutions for our customers.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team and on their own while producing high quality and timely technical work products.
- Interact with technical clients and colleagues to understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives; work in various phases of the system lifecycle, including applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation.
- Additional information about the type of work conducted can be found at https://hpi.swri.org
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop software/hardware solutions for existing and next-generation human performance applications.
- Interact constantly with technical clients and colleagues to understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives.
- Work in various phases of the system lifecycle, including applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation, and documentation.
- Stay current with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and provide innovative ideas and approaches to solve challenging problems.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Computer Science or Engineering or directly related with academic coursework and project work related to software development/Math/Statistics/computer vision/machine learning or related
- 0-5 years: Requires coursework/experience in more than one of the following: software development, UI development, Python, C++, or C#
- Experience in machine learning or neural networks and/or data analytics or an interest in growing these skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.