JC-290411 : Research Data Specialist III (Telework Option)
This position is eligible for full-time telework under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California.
Do you want to be a part of California’s housing solutions, with the autonomy to create new and dynamic technical solutions? If so, this is the position for you. The Department’s Division of State Financial Assistance (DSFA) administers billions of dollars annually across over a dozen grant and loan programs for the development and preservation of affordable housing, including housing for homeless individuals, families, farmworkers, seniors and other low-income Californians who struggle to pay their monthly rent. This position provides the opportunity to ensure this work takes place in an efficient and effective manner.
The division is revising its data management tools to save staff time, developer time, and important tax dollars, all while maximizing the division’s ability to support high-quality affordable housing for those in need. Under the general direction of the Assistant Deputy Director (ADD), the Research and Data Specialist III formulates creative data solutions that make applying for programs and tracking outcomes much easier. They work closely and collaboratively with the ADD on time-sensitive and high-profile projects. A background in housing development or finance is desirable but not required. Strong analytical skills, outstanding Excel expertise and a collaborative approach to problem solving, and a commitment to racial and economic equity are essential. The position provides the chance to learn and develop new and innovative technologies, solutions, and processes that improve the lives of all Californians.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- •Demonstrated project management experience and excellent collaborative leadership skills
- Experience working on projects with a high degree of technical focus
- Advanced Excel skills including PowerQuery, Macros, Power BI, etc.
- Experience creating applications, forms, and related databases
- Developing and tracking performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Ability to translate complex data outcomes into an easily readable narrative or infographic platforms
- Ability to adjust to evolving priorities and challenges
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead collaborative cross-team efforts, including qualitative information-gathering, program design, and data collection efforts.
- Experience with affordable housing development and finance.