Senior Business Data Analyst
One out of every two small businesses fail within their first five years, most often due to running out of cash. Intuit QuickBooks is on a mission to provide small businesses access to all the tools they need to manage cashflow. We leverage the rich data inside QuickBooks to enable super-fast payments, payroll, and access to capital. With QuickBooks, America’s entrepreneurs never again have to worry about not making payroll or saying no to a business opportunity. That’s how we power prosperity around the world.
We are seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst as part of our growing Risk Analytics and Insight team within Intuit’s Small Business & Self-Employed Group (SBG). Be at the cutting edge of the FinTech industry - the SBG division moves tens of billions of dollars in money for Intuit’s customers.
The successful analyst will work across functions (Fraud & Risk Operations, Data Science, Compliance, Marketing, Product, Finance, etc.) and use data to drive insights which help achieve Intuit Small Business Group’s short and long-term business outcomes.
We’re looking for a candidate who will continue to build a strong analytics culture as part of our growing team. This role reports to the Manager of Analytics – Insights and Experimentation as part of the broader Analytics & Insights Group.
Coordinate with Risk, Product, and Operations leaders, database engineers and executives to accomplish the following:
- Translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses and make decisions through testing.
- Leverage data to understand our Small Business money movement and banking risk in depth and identify trends that indicate elevated risk and inform and influence Risk Policy where applicable.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and suggest projects to mitigate risk while providing an awesome and delightful customer experience.
- Work with engineers to develop, test, and maintain accurate tracking, capturing and reporting of key Fraud Risk & Compliance metrics via server-side data collection and other database sources.
- Maintain and improve a set of automated reporting to provide the basis for in-depth analysis and business evaluation; in doing so provide the standardized logic for Risk analysts to build upon.
- Use tools and programs such Microsoft SQL Server (SSRS, SSAS), Excel, Python, Tableau, QlikView and many other internal tools to work efficiently at scale.
- Provide analysis and insight that help manage Fraud & Risk policies such as anti-money laundering and approvals/underwriting for all money movement products.
- Utilize predictive modeling and other advanced techniques to prevent money laundering, acceptable use violations, first and third-party fraud attacks.
- Partner with Risk & Compliance Operations to provide analysis and reporting that enables efficient Risk processes and results in improved metrics and performance.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with 2-5 years of relevant experience. Experience in Banking, Financial Services or FinTech a significant advantage.
- Advanced SQL and coding skills to perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio experience highly preferred.
- Good working experience with data analytics and visualization tools (Excel, Power Pivot, Tableau, QlikView, etc.). Experience with statistical analysis, ML/AI, A/B and multivariate testing highly desired.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to deftly negotiate, prioritize across teams, influence decision makers and build consensus with teams.
- High degree of accountability, organization and empathy.
- Experience working with Key Performance Indicator metrics such as conversion rates, user acquisition, conversion and retention and/or product usage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Field or commensurate work experience.