Associate Data Science Engineer
About The Role
This position will be part of the Data Science Engineering team at Gap Inc, whose primary goals include building data products and infrastructure that support analytics and data science at scale. With business users all across the company, the team works cross-functionally to ensure reports, analytics, and models are supported by a stable, efficient, and accurate back-end.
What You'll Do
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop, deploy, and support analytic data products, such as data marts, ETL’s (extract/transform/load), functions (in Python/SQL/R), and visualizations.
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem.
- Work closely with our data scientists to ensure production models are built using a scalable back-end.
- Maintain and support deployed solutions and data products.
Who You Are
- BA/BS preferred in a technical or engineering field (Master’s preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience in a data engineering or full-stack data scientist role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency with data related languages such as Python and R.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.