ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - APPLIED CONTROLS - ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
Who We Are:
The Electronics and Support team provides technical support to enable design, development, and analysis on components, batteries, inverters, motors, engines, transmissions, and vehicles. We also support research and modeling for fuel mixing, combustion, filtration, and fluid flow analysis.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support the engineering team by providing embedded software development expertise.
- Support the functional areas of the EaS section (Project Management, Proposal preparation, etc.).
- Operate test cell /stands including data acquisition and control system, test article operation, and data analysis.
- Software development, CAN, and other communication reverse engineering.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for conventional powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include engines, transmissions, dynamometers and other components.
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for electrified powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include motors, inverters, batteries and other vehicle components.
- Provide support for existing and legacy controls systems.
- Manage tasks / projects and handle proposal preparation and sales functions.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering
- 0-5 years: Embedded software design, development and troubleshooting. C, C++, VHDL / Verilog. Simulink / Labview experience a plus.
- 0-5 years: Controls development experience for automotive powertrains.
- 0-5 years: Controls development for high power electric motors, inverters, batteries.
- 0-5 years: Industrial or manufacturing plant experience may be suitable as they also involve powertrains and electronics or Project experience through personal projects / hobbies such as an engine swapped vehicle, built a custom engine controller
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Work assignment is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: Ann Arbor, Michigan
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer