Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (accounting)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for various duties, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, auditor interactions, and review of technical accounting concepts and real estate operations.
* Participate in the on-boarding process of new reporting entities, ensuring all accounting information is gathered and communicated for a seamless transition
* Assist with the preparation of accounting memos for presentation to management
* Maintain accounting policy and procedure manuals
* Write footnotes for audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP
* Coordinate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely financials
* Review work of staff and offer insight as needed
* Communicate with internal stakeholders, explaining financial reports and variances
* Prepare and review financial reports
* Manage audit requests, as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field required
* 3 to 5 years related audit/accounting experience preferred
* Yardi experience (single-family) preferred
* Real Estate/Property Management experience preferred
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Ability to communicate and present data to key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
* Ability to improve and streamline multiple processes across different functions of department
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects
* Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.