Bioinformatics Analyst – Process Development and Engineering
Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The Personalis NeXT Platform® is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer, providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system, from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' Clinical Laboratory was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-accredited.
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented bioinformatics analyst to join a cross-functional team focused on product development projects. This team does wet-lab development and lab automation to scale up our products for our growing company. The bioinformatics analyst will leverage in-house genomics pipelines and extend their results with custom analysis tailored to wet-lab experimental questions. Our pipelines and products cover a wide range of cutting-edge topics in the field of oncology and immuno-oncology, including analysis of diagnostic and emerging biomarkers that may enable more precise treatment of cancer patients.
- Develop and execute standard and customized bioinformatics solutions to support laboratory process development.
- Perform custom bioinformatic evaluations of novel high-accuracy genomics assays.
- Develop QC metrics, gold standard datasets and tools for systematically testing and evaluating the accuracy of newly developed methods.
- Execute on multiple ongoing analysis efforts, and deliver results clearly and on-time.
- Support the wet-lab team with scientific interpretation of bioinformatic results.
- Provide feedback to the bioinformatics group.
- Drive projects to completion by passionately doing and anticipating what needs to be done.
- Minimum BS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field. MS preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a bioinformatics role in the industry.
- Experience running bioinformatics analysis pipelines, including familiarity with standard tools such as BWA, GATK, SAMTools, etc.
- Experience using high-performance compute clusters using SGE or equivalent.
- Expertise in Python or R, particularly plotting and data frames.
- Unix scripting with BASH.
- Experience with SQL queries to extract and filter large data sets.
- Familiarity with different assays and modes of sequencing (WGS vs. Exome, RNA-seq).
- Fluency in molecular biology and genomics is a plus.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.