Research Information Analyst - USA01181
As a Research Information Analyst at Saint-Gobain Research North America, you will deliver professional information services to support innovative R&D and business initiatives. This function combines secondary research services with data analysis and synthesis to provide integrated insights to R&D leaders and technical staff. It also incorporates use of digital tools to manage and disseminate critical information to the R&D community and associated business partners.
The environment is fast paced and requires a candidate with good energy and organizational skills who can balance priorities and deliver a variety of requests in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer.
This position is part of the Information Research and Analysis (IRA) segment of the Technology and Information Services (TIS) team and it offers the opportunity to learn and grow. Bring your intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to collaborate with both colleagues and customers to this role. This position interfaces directly with members of SGR North America, the IP group, TIS teams at other transversal R&D centers, Saint-Gobain Group executives, team members from business units around the globe, university collaborators and outside vendors to provide customized, value-added information products and services.
The ideal prospect is a self-starter who takes ownership of their projects and responsibilities. The applicant must be passionate about uncovering and conveying intelligence to support strategic decision making and produce high impact results. Having a grasp of business and market dynamics or experience gathering competitive intelligence would be highly desirable. This candidate should also possess a strong technical background and good organizational skills plus the ability to communicate well and provide excellent service to their customer.
In this role, the incumbent will have the following key responsibilities:
- Partner with Saint-Gobain client teams and deliver customized and value-added information products and services to meet their ever evolving needs
- Act as a subject matter expert and maintain awareness of technologies and advancements in assigned areas of focus
- Collect, interpret and integrate information from multiple internal and external sources to generate strategic and actionable insights aligned with client objectives
- Generate and communicate clear, concise and technically sound presentations to key stakeholders including R&D, business and executive personnel as well as university collaborators
- Investigate new and innovative tools, systems and methods (AI, digitization, dashboards etc.) to enhance efficiency of data collection, search, dissemination, storage and visualization
- BS Degree with 7 years' or MS with 3 years' of experience, or entry level PhD in Engineering or Physical Science
- Expertise evaluating and/or developing information tools and processes preferred
Who We Are
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America is one of Saint-Gobain’s largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on multidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow's products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.