Tech Analyst Program - Information Security, Risk & Controls Analyst at Freddie Mac
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Want to be part of technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Freddie Mac Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) team through our College Hire program! The EO+T division is seeking true technologists to be part of our innovative organization. This 12-month cohort program designed for recent Computer Science/Computer Engineering/technology grads will springboard you into a fulltime career with an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
The Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac's business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
Your work will focus in one of three areas:
- Develop new use cases to detect, report, log, track, and escalate security events
- Coordinate activities for monitoring, triage, and escalation of security events affecting the company’s information assets
- Analyze and research known indicators of compromise (IOCs), correlate events, identify malicious activity, and take appropriate steps
- Identify new and emerging threats, then build and execute required action plans
- Manage security events identified from enterprise SIEM tool, Threat Intelligence, End-user notifications, etc. to resolve security risk and respond following standard operating procedures
- Develop Security Operations playbooks to ensure threat detection, monitoring, response and forensics activities align with standard methodologies, and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats
- Understanding of industry frameworks and pattern development
Technology Risk and Controls
- Support the Technology team’s top risk and control priorities as a member of the Technology Risk Management team and Freddie Mac’s first line of defense (1LOD)
- Implement risk management efforts to reduce risk to technology business processes, and to strengthen controls that reduce risk
- Provide business process reporting and help track, monitor and report on risk and control assessments
- Coordinate audits and exams; including supplying to action plans
- Develop communication and training materials; support partner coordination and relationship management
Business Analyst/System Analyst
- Serve as liaison between technology and business end-users
- Elicit requirements from partners, translate, simplify and analyze the feasibility of requirements to promote business process enabling efficient design
- Work with business owners and team leads to decompose large epics into manageable user stories. Develop mock-ups/wireframes, use cases, system requirements specification documents, user guides, and other supporting functional documents to support reviews and software release deliveries.
- Lead project/team, facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up on external dependencies
- Develop project status dashboards, manage risks and impediments
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to partners
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and learning opportunities, as well as exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Expanding your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related area, relevant experience and coursework (Finance or Accounting majors considered for IT Risk/Controls roles; Information Security majors considered for InfoSec roles)
- Knowledge of SIEM (such as Splunk) for development of search queries and correlation rules, plus experience investigating issues on Windows and Unix (for InfoSec role only)
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
- Technology-first mentality, outstanding analytical skills and commitment to innovation
- Willingness to try new things, experiment quickly and learn fast
NOTE: Freddie Mac will not be hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1 (CPT/OPT), J-1, M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings).
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.