Facilities Manager in Training - VillaSport
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa offers exciting and fulfilling career opportunities for those who thrive in a fast-paced, energizing environment. Our resort-style clubs are where fitness, family and community all come together. As a growth company with ambitious expansion plans, VillaSport is looking for talented and motivated people who can grow with us and deliver best-in-class customer service on a scale not seen in the industry.
If you are a high-performing, outgoing, service-oriented individual looking for a chance to make a difference, you belong at VillaSport. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive wages, and a benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company match of up to 4% of your compensation.
The VillaSport (VS) Facilities Manager-in-Training (FMIT) position offers the participant a unique opportunity to gain cross-club and departmental management skills, leadership and hands-on facilities and housekeeping experience through mentoring, live/hands-on and virtual training, special assignments, projects, and on-the-job practice. Exposure to all facets of club facilities management functions/oversight, facility maintenance, construction, and housekeeping processes. Successful progression through the stages of the position will lead to advancement to a leadership role within the Facilities Management organization. Due to the progression schedule of this position, a 3-5 year commitment is encouraged.
FMITs will have a home base club but will also be deployed to a variety of clubs to gain valuable experience and to cover for facilities management vacancies until replacements are hired and trained.
- Understand financials, budget management, and useful application to the daily business.
- Project management understanding and implementation with oversight from VP.
- Understand and begin to assimilate into the VS personnel and business culture.
- Build knowledge from Facilities and Housekeeping core principles of Good, Better, Best; Controlling the Controllables, and Club Walk principles of Planning, Prioritizing, and Proclaiming.
- Budget Planning related to Building, Facilities, and Housekeeping including labor modeling and projections for annual budgeting process.
- Project management including development, scoping and directing projects; self-directed.
- Develop personal relationships with vendors and contractors to create a strong working partnership.
YOUR FOCUS AND OUR FOCUS:
- To maximize revenue.
- To control expenses.
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your facility and work space.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability in the management of multi-facility complexes (future goal);
- Project management (including scoping, bidding, negotiating, execution);
- Risk management;
- Contract negotiation;
- Trade skill experience (plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, carpentry, etc.) is a plus;
- Analytical and budgeting skills;
- Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint proficiency.
- Specific experience in construction (new and renovations) and aquatics facility management is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects and assignments;
- Able to organize and simplify large volumes of information into logical, digestible training materials and easy-to-understand bites;
- Able to be productive while “on the road” traveling to multiple sites.
- Servant leadership mindset.
- Growth mindset, with a thirst for learning and continuous improvement.
- Honest and ethical; responsible and accountable; self-motivated.
- Problem-solver and decisive; attention to detail and quality control.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in a lean environment.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Willingness to grow into a leadership role over time; strong leadership aptitude/potential.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent skills gained through experience in Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting weights or objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work on club properties may be performed near moving, mechanical parts.
- Noise level at club properties is usually moderate to high.
- Repetitive phone and computer work.
For more information about VillaSport please visit our website at www.villasport.com
Please send your resume and salary range requirements.