Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer, Operations Excellence Transformation
Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Excellence Transformation supports Orchid Bridgeport in Orchid’s operational excellence transformation to increase the productivity of the site. He/she supports aspects of this program at the site under direction from the Manager, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport, including recommending productivity commitments through the 2024 period, supporting implementation of program commitments, and working with a team to deliver on commitments and program management milestones. He/she is also responsible for providing timely updates of site program progress to the Manager, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport.
The role requires a technical background, including lean manufacturing familiarity, strong change management skills, ability to influence, organization savviness, and the ability to communicate complicated topics in a simple way with stakeholders.
- Supports the Site Transformation program.
- Commits to productivity targets for the 2022-2024 period based on deep analytical analysis.
- Uses value stream mapping and standardized work tools to develop improvement priorities.
- Works with the cross functional team to implement improvement plans through kaizen events and daily problem solving.
- Ensures key program implementation milestones are understood, communicated, and aligned.
- Supports Site Transformation Culture Development and Talent Management Processes and Results
- Supports and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Establishes and aligns goals and provides continuous feedback on results and Orchid values.
- Drives an improvement culture by focusing on “the process not the people” while demanding not only quick resolution but also root cause alignment and systematic corrective action implementation. Ensures this improvement culture is driven to the shop floor.
- Supports Achievement of Improvement Goals and Supports Financial and Operating Plan Goals
- Reinforces “buy in” and commitment to these targets by stakeholders during site operating, budget, and VCP reviews.
- Participates in ensuring processes are in place to deliver site annual and strategic objectives, including but not limited to OEE and VAPD performance, productivity, capacity planning, and capital investment.
- Supports implementation a robust management operating system which quickly highlights necessary adjustment to the cross-functional team, providing confidence that site strategic and operational goals will be successfully implemented.