Contract, Machine Learning Engineering Fellow
Job Description Summary
PTC has a 24-year proud history – including a few moments of seemingly insurmountable challenges. PTC was built by talented people who are persistent and hard-working. PTC was also fortunate to have received investments at key challenging moments in our history.
PTC recognizes that many recent University graduates are talented, persistent, and hardworking - and they need someone to invest in them during a personally challenging moment. PTC is proud to step forward and help recent college graduates with our “PTC Talent Pipeline Program” that provides one year of training and real-world work experience.
- The Contract, Machine Learning Engineering Fellow contributes to PTC’s drug discovery efforts by integrating machine learning into the drug discovery pipeline. Candidate should be an expert in computer programming, statistical analysis, and machine learning, including predictive modeling and cluster analysis.
- Under supervision, designs and programs machine learning models as directed by the supervisor and communicates results as part of a multi-disciplinary team(s).
- Performs big data analysis of large data sets, including processed genomics data, looking to identify trends.
- Incorporates models into existing custom software pipelines.
- Maintains detailed online Azure Repository and helps maintain programs on local and cloud-based high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and techniques and may contribute to the identification of new project areas or technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer science & engineering, or data science
- Strong hands-on programming skills in Python.
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Internal drive to independently learn new concepts and techniques, as needed, and ability to use literature searches to discover solutions for novel problems.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of excel, including writing Macro’s and data manipulation
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills.
- This is a one (1) year Talent Pipeline Program, and the candidate/applicant must be able to complete the entire one-year program.
- Fellow must be a recent college graduate.
For consideration, each applicant MUST answer the four (4) questions below in your cover letter to be considered for this one-year PTC Talent Pipeline Program.
1. Why do you want to be part of this program?
2. How do you feel like you can make a difference in the world?
3. What would it mean to you to work for a cause as much as a company?
4. What interests you most with this opportunity?