IT Programmer Analyst
Kaiser Aluminum Warrick has been on the path of innovation, embracing the latest technologies for almost 60 years! We have revolutionized the industry and lead the way in the development of sustainable aluminum products the you use every day for food and drinks. Our people are the bedrock for our operations. Along with their dedication to excellence and integrity, our people are drivers of continuous improvement who build on new ideas while flourishing within our growing business. We provide opportunities for you to think outside the box and bring creative and progressive solutions to our operations. Our passion for inclusion, diversity and equity is a value at the core of our organization and people. Are you ready to start your journey with us and be the future of Kaiser Warrick Aluminum?
Kaiser Aluminum Warrick is currently in search of a IT Programmer Analyst to join our Warrick Operations (Newburgh, IN) team. The Programmer Analyst will be responsible for providing in-depth SAP and business knowledge in specific business areas. This is a role that works with business process owners to understand current business processes and identify opportunities for improvements that enable added business value in a cost-effective manner. This position will be located at our Newburgh, Indiana manufacturing site.
What’s in it for you!
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, we provide an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment!
- Industry leading compensation program.
- 401K options that begin vesting day 1.
- First-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance for new team members.
- Employee resource groups.
Your role with our team:
As a member of the Kaiser Aluminum Warrick IS Team, the Programmer Analyst will work directly with members of the manufacturing teams to understand business processes and implement strategic IT solutions that add business value/solve issues for the Warrick plant. The Programmer Analyst will be involved in various areas, supporting the evolving needs of the site, and support the changing internal and external customer needs.
What you will be doing:
- Analyzes, enhances, and supports business processes
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes in their area(s) of assignment, and a general understanding of the business
- Takes initiative to identify and implement system and/or process improvements to support business objectives
- Delivers creative solutions to meet business needs using the SAP environment
- Interacts with members of the Kaiser Aluminum Warrick Team across all levels in the organization.
- Effectively utilizes project methodology and tools to deliver solutions and communicate status
- Operates within and influences IT standards and conventions and promotes adherence within the IS organization
- Pursues continuous learning consistent with changes in technology, and uses this to influence IT direction
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or four-year degree with significant IT programming experience
- Understanding of systems analysis and design
- Programming experience
- Understanding of relational databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Clear ability to understand business opportunities and leverage technology to meet those needs
- Strong and creative analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy in a large-scale production environment
- Excellent organizational habits: documentation, maintainability, serviceability, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several initiatives and self-prioritize workload
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, proactive, attention to detail, systems thinking and initiative for change are required
- Ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, with a proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Technical proficiency in any of the following areas is desired: ABAP, SAP Applications, and SQL
- Data Warehouse experience, including and related reporting
- Experience in establishing relationships with both internal and external customers in a wide variety of roles and responsibilities
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
About Kaiser Aluminum Warrick: Talented people join our team because we are a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a diverse and inclusive culture. We are strongly committed to expanding inclusion, equity, and diversity – how we hire, develop, and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to the increasingly multicultural community.
Kaiser Aluminum encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Kaiser is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.