Jr Data Scientist
DLA Piper LLP (US) has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccine policy, and this position may require in-office presence. Request for reasonable accommodations may be considered in accordance with applicable laws.
DLA Piper is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results-oriented people who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Jr. Data Scientist, we want to hear from you!
This position can sit in any of our US offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, analytics statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- 1 year of data analysis experience
Highly Preferred Requirements:
- Master’s degree in computer science, analytics statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- 2 years of data analysis experience
- Experience using big data tools: Hadoop, Azure, etc.
- Experience with most of the following basic data science tools: Python, R, SQL, SAS, NLTK, Scikit-Learn, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, and Jupyter
- Experience using basic data science concepts: probability, statistics, hypothesis testing, machine learning, natural language processing, predictive modeling, data visualization
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a diverse team
What will your day look like?
As a Jr. Data Scientist, you will be responsible for collecting, extracting, transforming, managing, analyzing, modeling, and visualizing data to develop innovative and efficient solutions for the firm and its clients. As a Jr. Data Scientist, you will write code, create visualizations/reports, and utilize both machine learning and natural language processing to develop such solutions. In addition, you the Data Scientist will interact with a wide variety of people, including partners, legal professionals, vendors, and clients of the firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.