Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Markets - New York
Our Capital Markets Group provides capital-raising services for a wide variety of clients, from large, publicly held, multinational corporations to privately held companies either sponsor-backed or founded and run by entrepreneurs. In partnership with our Industry Coverage teams and Financial Sponsors Group, we combine superior sector knowledge and relationships with significant expertise in structuring and syndicating financings.
We approach each transaction with the goal of creating a capital structure that enables our clients to achieve their strategic objectives with the best terms available in the market. Houlihan Lokey has acted as a placement agent, an underwriter, or a strategic advisor for a wide variety of financings, including private issuances of leveraged loans, mezzanine debt, and minority equity as well as public offerings of common stock, equity-linked securities, and high-yield bonds. In a capital markets environment that is rapidly changing and increasingly complex, it is critical to have a trusted investment bank with the experience and proven ability to deliver a tailored financing solution—not just capital.
We are one of the largest and most active private capital markets teams on Wall Street with approximately 70 dedicated finance professionals across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C., London, Frankfurt, Manchester, Milan, and Dubai. For the twelve months ending March 31, 2021, we raised approximately $15 billion of solution-oriented capital across approximately 100 transactions for private equity and corporate clients worldwide. Given our large volume of financing transactions, we believe that we have an unparalleled ability to fully understand and adapt to the ever-changing capital markets to achieve optimal outcomes for our clients.
Houlihan Lokey’s Capital Markets Group originates, structures, and executes private and public debt and equity financings on behalf of the firm’s corporate and private equity clients across numerous industries. The Capital Markets Group specializes in the placement of solution-oriented capital for a wide range of financing needs.
Financial Analysts work on transactions that provide exposure to various financing products, techniques, and applications throughout the entire capital structure for a variety of situations, including growth capital, leveraged buyouts (LBOs), acquisition financing, refinancings, dividend recapitalizations, and special situations. Members of the Capital Markets Group work closely with a range of sponsor-backed, public and privately-owned clients, as well as with Houlihan Lokey’s industry coverage, M&A, and financial restructuring teams.
- Work directly with a talented, dedicated staff of senior professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different considerations affecting public and private debt and equity financings;
- Assist with evaluating and structuring customized financing alternatives for clients;
- Develop general corporate finance and valuation skills relevant to raising capital, while building a detailed understanding of key developments in the debt and equity capital markets; and
- Interact with a broad range of businesses across different industries and with unique capital needs.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards financial analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and background:
- One to three years of relevant work experience (investment banking, leveraged finance, private equity, credit underwriting/structuring/syndication, or corporate finance)
- Undergraduate degree (business/economics degree preferred, but not required)
- Top academic performer and a quick learner capable of performing in an unstructured environment
- Proven accounting, finance, financial modeling, and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Very strong work ethic and careful attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and a proven self-starter
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.