Chewy is hiring enthusiastic, driven, and business-savvy students to join our merchandising team as Category Analysts in our Dania Beach, Florida office. As a Category Analyst, you'll be an essential part of our expanding business, owning category performance, onboarding vendor partners and driving strategic projects forward. You'll combine your business acumen and analytical abilities to create the best experience with the products our customers want. If you are driven to innovate, have a desire to win, and are passionate about providing the best customer experience for pet parents of all varieties you’ll want to join the pack.
What You'll Do:
Category Analysts play a key role in showcasing products that pet parents need and love! You will be given the opportunity to take ownership and drive change in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally with supply chain, private label, finance, catalog and product teams. The merchandising team brings the Chewy experience to life by placing the customer’s needs first and bringing their passion for creating a best-in-class experience for pet parents everywhere. In a role like no other, you will learn to become a subject matter expert in your category as part of a vibrant pet loving community and gain valuable experience in the following:
- Onboarding vendor partners to maximize assortment selection and product category sales
- Analyzing category and customer experience data to understand root causes and develop strategic recommendations
- Integrating analysis and business instincts into a cohesive category strategy and/or project road map
- Conducting research, collecting and processing statistical data, monitoring economic trends, analyzing data, and developing forecasts for our online business
- Leading strategic projects and developing process improvements to improve efficiency and performance of the team
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and June 2022.
What You'll Need:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program focused on Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related analytical area
- Strong analytical abilities, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn quickly and drive your work forward in an ambiguous environment.
- Previous internship experience in eCommerce, buying, account management, product management, category management, consulting, analytics, finance, operations or marketing preferred
- A track record of taking ownership and driving results (projects, internships, or work experience)
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required