At DefenseStorm, we protect financial institutions (like banks and credit unions) and other fintechs by building products and services that serve their cybersecurity, cyberfraud, and related compliance needs.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Machine Learning team. This is a unique opportunity to work on a small (but quickly growing!) team with the goal of building ML that will help keep the finance industry safe from a constantly growing number of threats.
*Depending on experience, this position can be classified as a Junior Data Scientist or a Data Scientist*
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with software engineers to collect, clean, analyze, and develop and select features to support model R&D
- Use statistical, machine learning, data mining, and other techniques to develop production models for use in DefenseStorm products
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their challenges and how the available data might be used to ease those challenges
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience
- A degree in some quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physical science)
- Familiarity with Python and the PyData stack (Pandas, SciKit Learn, etc.)
- Be intellectually curious and entrepreneurial
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Have empathy towards people who rely on your work
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with the banking and fintech industries, cybersecurity, or fraud a plus