2023 Public Finance, Summer Analyst - Los Angeles
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Public Finance team in New York City and Los Angeles. ICG offers investment and corporate banking services, and products for corporations, governments, and institutions around the world. Summer Analysts join an intensive training program that includes both training sessions and real, on-the-job experience.
Public Finance professionals work hand-in-hand with city, state, and local governments and municipal authorities, providing capital formulation strategies on an array of public projects, including health care systems, utilities, highways, and schools.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Learn a client's historical financing trends
* Research past uses of debt or derivatives and provide an overview of client's debt position
* Participate with bankers and clients in meetings and conference calls to review current market conditions and formulate future capital programs
* Assist in the execution of transactions
* Present documentation and pricing to investors and rating agencies
* Assist in credit and internal approvals, policy compliance, client entertainment, and deal closing coordination
* Research market, credit, tax, regulatory, accounting, legal, policy, and issuer-specific issues relating to prior or future transactions
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The ten-week Summer Analyst Program starts in June and begins with a one-week, intensive training program. After a placement process, based on your interests and strengths, and our business needs, you'll be assigned to a regional or product coverage group, where you'll focus on financial analysis and business development.
We want to hear from you if...
* You will earn a Bachelor's degree between December 2023 and June 2024 in any major, with a strong preference toward majors in mathematics, computer science, political science, economics, public policy or finance
* You have a GPA of 3.5 or above *
You have solid writing skills
* You are proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* You have strong communication skills
* You are an analytical thinker
* You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future
Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their careers, naturally curious, and interested in business. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Ability to tackle problems with creative solutions
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Confidence and comfort with clients and senior executives
* Oral and written communication skills
* Success working on a team
* Strong quantitative and analytics skills, as well as excellent writing skills
* Strong interest in the public sector, politics, or government
Please note if you are interested in this role located in New York City, there is a different posting. Please apply to the NYC posting directly. This is only for consideration for the LA location.
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment