Operations and Planning Analyst
Utility Services is third party consultancy firm that engages in compliance, security, and other regulatory functions in the electric industry across North America. Utility Services specializes in assisting registered entities with their regulatory obligations as required by the Electric Reliability Organization, administered through the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
- Develop a fundamental understanding of NERC Operations and Planning (O&P) standards for implementation with our customers
- Monitor and maintain a functional understanding of NERC O&P standards, including the participation in the development of new standards in the industry
- Gain an understanding of the performance and regulatory challenges facing electric industry participants.
- Assist customer’s staff with the development of program documentation
- Assist in development of compliance documents and templates for the latest version of the NERC O&P standards
- Review draft versions of O&P standards to revise and improve existing program documentation
- Review one-line diagrams and develop protection system inventories and maintenance programs
- Review test reports and other evidence for performance evaluations
- Assist in development of programs and related documentation for NERC registered entities.
- Assist clients with audits, spot-checks, self-certifications, and other data requests preparations and submissions.
- Prepare and participate in NERC compliance webinar presentations to clients.
- Monitor, evaluate, and track regulatory requirements from FERC, NERC, and Regional Entities.
- Participate in industry committees, forums, and Regulatory Standard’s drafting teams
- Other tasks as needed
- Required Travel: ~10%
Education/Experience (desired and or required):
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or military/technical experience
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges
- Proficiency in Microsoft based software applications
Position: Full time, exempt, salary $52,000-$70,000 (Experience Based)
- Hybrid Work Schedule, Possibility of fully remote based on candidate
Utility Services works to provide an inclusive environment where employees and persons with whom we work. Our company hires and employs persons regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, place of birth, or HIV Status and seeks to encourage as broad a diversity of cultures and capabilities as can be achieved. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to vacation and flexible work schedules.