ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - APPLIED POWER - ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
Who We Are:
The Automotive Propulsion Systems Department works to better the world by improving efficiency and reducing energy consumption of mobility systems. We research, develop and test a wide range of technologies including electric, fuel-cell, hybrid, combustion and connected vehicles and power systems.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support the engineering team by providing LabVIEW software development expertise.
- Design, Commission and Operate test cell /stands including data acquisition and control system, test article operation, data analysis.
- Support software development, CAN and other communication reverse engineering as needed.
- Support the functional areas of the EaS section (Project Management, Proposal preparation, etc.).
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and support LabVIEW based automotive test cell systems.
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for conventional powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include engines, transmissions, dynamometers and other components.
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for electrified powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include motors, inverters, batteries and other vehicle components.
- Provide support for existing and legacy controls and systems.
- Manage tasks / projects and handle proposal preparation and sales functions.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering
- 0-5 years: LabVIEW software design, development and troubleshooting
- Experience or interest in learning other software languages: C, C++, VHDL / Verilog, Simulink experience
- 0-5 years: Data acquisition and controls development experience for electromechanical systems, including electronics and instrumentation
- Experience with propulsion technologies including: electric motors, inverters, batteries, engines or transmissions a plus
- 0-5 years: Experience implementing serial communications, especially CAN and TCP/UDP/IP; experience with other protocols or ability to learn other protocols
- 0-5 years: Experience troubleshooting electronic or mechanical systems
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Work assignment is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: Ann Arbor, Michigan Or San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.