Decision Science Intern
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH
About the Role
The Decision Science team drives data-driven strategy and decision making across the company through predictive analytics, testing and optimization. We drive product prioritization and inform business strategy by developing a deep understanding of our users and clients. We partner with our department leaders in Product, Marketing, Business Operations and Sales teams. Decision Science Intern is expected to be an individual contributor, collaborate with Decision Science members and product teams to build functioning prototypes and deliver analyses. Ability to work on a wide variety of problems by proactively finding opportunities.
Hourly pay rate: $40
What You’ll Do
- Drive a deep and complete understanding of our users through applying a mix of machine learning, statistics and analytics skills
- Use data to track, understand and improve user performance and translate that into strategic insights and recommendations
- Provide analytical support for the content and total compensation teams and help team make data-driven prioritization decisions
- Conduct end-to-end analysis, including data collection, requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing results, and presentations!
What You’ll Bring
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and actively pursuing a PhD or Master degree in Computer Science/ Applied Math/ Statistics or related field.
- Hands-on experience using SQL to access a data warehouse
- Proficiency at R or Python
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data
- Background in statistics, probability theory, machine learning and quantitative analytics (coursework or experiences)
- Adds to our culture of diversity and inclusion
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits for U.S. based, regular, full-time employees:
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU): ***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
You can learn more about our compensation philosophy here and see salary ranges for all Glassdoor jobs here.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.* Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
*Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.