Analyst, Energy Markets and Planning (USA Remote)
ICF’s energy experts work on some of the most important issues of the day with some of the best minds in the industry. We use advanced data modeling and innovative technology solutions to help clients evaluate pressing issues and identify options to reduce risk and pathways to business growth, sustainability, and better customer and community outcomes. As an Analyst in ICF’s Energy Markets and Planning group, you will have the opportunity to expand your interest in the energy economy by analyzing how decarbonization strategies will impact energy markets and how energy systems need to evolve to enable a clean energy transition.
Your role will include:
- Using advanced analytics to support energy infrastructure planning
- Identifying and assessing business risks and opportunities given uncertain policy targets and technology development
- Developing actionable strategies for clients to decarbonize their portfolios
- Advising on regulatory and environmental compliance
Recent graduates with 0-2 years of experience with a passion for energy, solving complex problems and identifying creative solutions are ideal candidates for the role.
• Perform advanced quantitative and economic modeling of power and environmental markets and policies
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases
• Evaluate the impact of future decarbonization, electrification and alternative fuel policies and regulations, and support the development of client strategies around emission reduction policies and initiatives
• Perform analysis for major corporate and government client deliverables
• Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership on new energy technologies and themes.
• Bachelor's degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
• 0 - 2 years of work experience in the field of energy and/or resource markets and modeling
• Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other basic software tools
• Strong, demonstrated interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, renewable energy and decarbonization, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply.
• Master’s degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects
• Basic knowledge of R, Python and/or other coding languages
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work with and understand technical concepts
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to communicate detail-oriented analysis within internal teams and to synthesize analysis for external stakeholders
• Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks