Summer Product Manager Intern, ML
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH
The ML Product team serves as Product Managers for Glassdoor’s large team of ML Scientists. We help craft ML solutions for our biggest product problems, from addressing Glassdoor’s end-user needs through our personalization, recommendation, and prediction algorithms to setting priorities and goals for the team. We are a part of a rapidly growing area of investment in ML within Glassdoor.
We’re seeking a hardworking and driven Summer Intern who thrives with solving hard problems and making an impact with ML in tech products.
What You’ll Do
- Help plan our strategy and roadmap for our ML teams.
- Work with other PMs to identify upcoming ML needs for their products, and brainstorm how we can use ML algorithms to make Glassdoor better.
- Help drive end-user research to understand the core needs of job seekers and how we can best tackle them with ML models.
- Plan and help analyze A/B tests of ML models we’ve put into production to help us identify problems and plan improvements.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in how machine learning is being applied in today’s technology products.
- Help us improve how our ML team works — what should we be doing differently to make our team more effective?
Hourly pay rate: $40
- Proven curiosity about Product Management, as well as an interest in machine learning, data science, statistics or analytics.
- Some knowledge of SQL and either Python, R, or another data science coding language.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain in plain words your vision of what’s possible in ML-powered products.
- Ideal candidates would be majoring in a Technical or Quantitative field, including Computer Science, Engineering, or a quantitative MA/MS/MBA program.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.