User Research Intern
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH
About the Role
Glassdoor is looking for an outstanding User Research Intern for Summer 2022. We need someone who is passionate about understanding the users of our products - what they do and why they do it! Glassdoor’s mission is to help people find jobs and companies they love. We provide invaluable information, such as company reviews, salaries, interviews, and benefits, with our open job postings. We also help companies attract and retain top talent by telling their employer brand story in their own words.
As an integral part of our Product Design team, you will learn about a wide range of products and users in a short period of time. The Glassdoor Product group transforms complex problems into simple, intuitive user experiences for millions of people around the world. The UX Research function supports and guides our design process by producing illuminating, meaningful insights which inform and improve our design decisions. You'll witness user centered design in action. At each stage of the process, you will bring a curious, open mind which strives to fully understand users' perspectives and goals for each action they take. There will be many opportunities for creative problem solving!
If you want to gain professional experience in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Hourly pay rate: $40
What You’ll Do
- Learn from experienced UX researchers
- Seek out and identify accurate, relevant user experience data
- Carefully examine users' behaviors, words, and emotions
- Find patterns and insights from signal, and filter out the noise
- Collaborate with product designers and product managers
- Participate in the design iteration process
What You’ll Bring
- Pursuing an undergraduate or Masters degree in the social sciences, particularly Psychology or Human Computer Interaction
- Comfort with basic workplace tools (collaboration software, file storage, messaging, and meeting tools)
- Dedication to the development of phenomenal, innovative products
- Fascination with the workplace experiences and career goals people have
- A research project which demonstrates your understanding of user sentiment and behavior with digital products
Bonus points for:
- Experience with observational data capture or analysis
- Experience with research participant study recruitment
- Experience with library science or data tagging
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.