Application Systems Analyst
RTI International (RTI) is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The Clinical and Epidemiological Data Systems (CEDS) Program is seeking a junior to mid-level systems analyst to guide the development and management of informatics efforts for clinical and epidemiological research studies. CEDS provides informatics leadership and support of pre-clinical research, clinical trials, and observational studies, including expertise in data collection, management, and reporting solutions. The person in this role will be a key member of the research team, facilitating the development and maintenance of informatics solutions that achieve study goals and objectives.
• Coordinate and provide technical support to clinical research projects, with the opportunity to lead informatics efforts,
• Prepare and distribute study documents and materials including data collection forms and technical memos to research sites,
• Collaborate with research project teams, system programmers, and data managers to plan, design, and implement research information systems,
• Analyze requirements, design, document, and test new applications as well as maintain and support existing applications,
• Collaborate with data management team to develop and implement data collection and management strategies
• Support and enforce standards and methods for informatics and data collection efforts,
• Perform encoding, testing, and debugging, as necessary to meet project specific goals,
• Prepare and update monthly progress reports,
• Ensure team members have necessary cross-functional skillsets needed to meet the project objectives,
• Commit to high standards of quality and participate in quality initiatives,
• Research, recommend, learn, and apply new methodologies and/or technologies, and
• Assist with business development efforts which may include writing federal proposals
• Ability to work successfully on multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated client-focused research applications experience,
• Experience in SAS, R, SQL, Stata, or SPSS
• Experience applying process standards,
• Strong written and oral communication skills,
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the study and applications development project teams,
• Legal authorization to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status,
• Proven experience leading and managing teams of technical software developers and/or data managers for multi-site studies or data coordinating center projects,
• Experience using source-code control and task-tracking software, such as Git and Jira,
• Familiarity with Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems such as Medidata RAVE®, or REDCap,
• Working knowledge of clinical and epidemiological research, and implementation of data collection systems,
• Experience developing applications (web, desktop, and/or mobile) in the context of research studies,
• Experience utilizing Microsoft applications such as PowerBI, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.,
• Experience writing proposals, and
• Strong interest in science and health issues.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.