Business Intelligence Analyst/Looker Developer (Remote)
This role can be remote anywhere in the US.
NetBase Quid is looking for a “Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst”/ “Looker developer” to join our growing Operations and Analytics team. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our business intelligence tool setup, Looker and supporting the Manager of CX Ops and Analytics and other specialists on the team with BI needs.
You will directly contribute to Strategy and Operations of our customer teams building trust in our data and reducing the time required to access data and glean insights. You will need the ability to understand analytics needs across various business units and translate them into technical design.
This is an excellent opportunity to understand the inner workings of an Operations team. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
Data quality maintenance; building trust in the data
- Build dashboards to monitor data quality and correspond with various teams to take appropriate actions to fix any issues
- Write SQL queries in Looker SQL runner to diagnose issues and troubleshoot errors in existing data models
- Resolve inconsistencies found in the system or analysis, or as reported by Field Teams
BI-tool (Looker/LookML) development
- Write SQL queries to extract data from the database
- Develop understanding of existing LookML project structure. Simplify and maintain LookML as needed
- Modify existing project structure as needed to account for new reporting needs by modifying existing views, creating new views, and adjusting corresponding joins in data models
- Determine which solution to implement for a given business scenario e.g., explores, merged results, new views, new derived tables, etc.
- Develop accurate calculations i.e., “Looker measures” in LookML and validate that ad-hoc calculations are performant on large datasets
- Implement appropriate solutions for improving data availability and load times e.g., caching query data, persisting tables, etc.
- Build new Explores for users to answer business questions.
- Write technical documentation and create data dictionaries for accurate cataloguing of data
- Make it easy for employees to work within Looker Explores by developing easy-to-use “Looker explores” using Looker features such as descriptions, labels, group-labels etc.
General Looker administration
- Manage user permissions and access to Looker
- Determine appropriate Looker feature for implementing data security measures such as roles, groups, folder permissions, access filters, field-level access controls etc.
Reports and dashboards development
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather & define requirements for Dashboards and Looks
- Design effective Dashboards and Looks in Looker to answer questions and tell a compelling story
- Maintain critical Dashboards and Looks for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting
Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineering Team
- Define requirements for BI-Engineering team related to collection and transformation of data in the BI data pipeline
- Attend meetings and coordinate with Engineering team over JIRA in an AGILE workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Business analytics, information systems, computer science, computer engineering or closely related fields
- 1-3 years experience in an analyst/operations role
- Experience with 1 or more following skills: SQL, LookML, R, Python, Advanced Excel, Excel Macros
- Looker Analyst and Developer certification
- Experience with SQL, LookML
- 1-3 years experience with LookML models, looks, and dashboards
- This is an individual contributor role.
- This is not a technical role. This is not a Product Management, Engineering or Data Science role. This role reports into a ‘commercial/client-facing/field team’.
- This is a remote position, and the right candidate can work from anywhere in the United States. The candidate should be OK to attend meetings across various time zones (all US time zones, Taiwan time zone and occasionally UK/Europe time zone.)
About the Company
NetBase Quid, headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, is the award-winning social analytics platform that global companies use to run brands, build businesses, and connect with consumers every second. Its platform processes millions of social media posts daily for actionable business insights for marketing, research, customer service, sales, PR, and product innovation. NetBase Quid is a trusted partner to American Airlines, Arby’s, Coca-Cola, Ogilvy, T-Mobile, Universal Music Group, and YUM! Brands.
With continued stellar growth in 2020, we are expanding our Operations Team with talented individuals that play to win, work together, and care about building a culture of respect, integrity and agility – for amazing outcomes.