Responsible for developing analysis of the retail product, price, and promotion decision-making for the effective delivery of all retail services provided by gate retail to their airline client. Provides information for the gate retail North America team, including but not limited to, the range performance evaluation, operational costs analysis, and the scenario and impact of change analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and develops strong relationships with airline customers.
- Monitors overall sales performance, take measures to achieve goals.
- Provides analysis for:
- initiatives including but not limited to, crew targets to deliver business KPI’s, support business cases for project activities, justifications for change.
- Promotion and pricing strategies.
- Delivery of fresh food sales, waste and margin performance reports, including development to provide optimum visibility of trends to support decision making.
- The IS team to develop best in class management information tools for the business.
- Works closely with finance teams to give decision and result support data with management reporting.
- Works closely with retail teams to monitor performance versus plan to achieve KPIs and take remedial action as required.
- Harnesses inter-company relationships that foster improved processes and support achievement of business KPIs.
- Keeps current on North America industry trends that could lead to new initiatives to drive profitable growth.
- Represents Retail teams on project teams as required.
Bachelor’s degree in business, science or a math discipline required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either commercial or analytical role, ideally incorporating a retail business.
- Ability to deliver business data and analysis including KPI’s, business cases and target models.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail focused, throughout analysis and systems development.
- Capable of identifying trends and acting on own initiative to identify root causes and develop options for resolution or improvement.
- Comfortable with IT programs, particularly excel and database work.
- Ability to analyse and create relevant data to make commercial and financial business cases.
- Ability to build and use Access data base or similar to analyse data from different sources.
- A clear understanding of commercial aspects of the role, an ability to interpret the detail to support achievement of wider objectives and increase profitability.
- Organisational skills, ability to manage workload to achieve critical dates.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with internal teams and external suppliers/customers at all levels.
Geographic Responsibility: North America
Type of Employment: Full-time
Travel %: up to 60%
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: normal office environment