The Programmer Analyst performs technical and specialized work in the design, development, maintenance, and improvement of software applications. The analyst provides technical assistance to both staff and end users. Telework may be available for this position with supervisor approval. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).
- The following are required:Experience, training, or education relative to programming, or a bachelor’s degree with significant emphasis in computer science.
- High level technical skills, logic and analytic skills, and a demonstrated ability to perform effectively as a programmer analyst.
- The following are preferred:Two years of successful experience as a programmer, programmer analyst, or equivalent.
- Experience with any of the following: TSQL, SQL Server, SSRS, React, .Net Core, .Net MVC, Docker, HTML5, CSS3, Node.js, jQuery, Angular, React, or Bootstrap.
- Experience with educational as well as business data processing applications.
- Experience with the complete software lifecycle from requirements through deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to create intuitive user experiences through applications and interfaces.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with others.
- Ability to apply creativity and curiosity to solve technical, logical, and analytical problems.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles and techniques.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Essential Job FunctionsWorks with systems analysts and clients in analyzing job requirements and planning the programming required for implementation.
- Serves as programming leader on projects requiring extensive programming effort.
- Develops, tests, debugs, and implements new programs according to supplied specifications using a degree of creativity and latitude, under general supervision of a systems analyst.
- Provides technical assistance to other programming staff.
- Manages tasks and documents writing or modification of documents using Jira and Confluence project management software.
Physical /Mental Demands
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District (ASD) employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This also includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, co-workers, and the public; as well as have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For certificated positions, this is in addition to the background check conducted through the certification process with the Alaska State Department of Education and Early Development (DEED).
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit the government REAL ID website for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.