2023 Investment Management Summer Analyst Program - Real Estate Investing (San Francisco)
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2021. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (MSREI) is the global private real estate investment management arm of Morgan Stanley. One of the most active property investors in the world for three decades, MSREI employs a patient, disciplined approach through global value-add / opportunistic and regional core real estate investment strategies. With 17 offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, regional teams of dedicated real estate professionals combine a unique global perspective with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. As of December 31, 2021, MSREI manages $55 billion of gross real estate assets worldwide on behalf of its clients.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst. This program is with the Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing team, offering the opportunity to learn from a leading global real estate investment platform that manages value-add / opportunistic and core investment strategies. Opportunities with the MSREI team are in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles; this specific application is for San Francisco.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in transactions from the principal perspective across strategies and sectors on behalf of proprietary real estate investment funds, including the North Haven fund series (value-add / opportunistic) and Prime Property Fund (core)
- Transaction work will include underwriting new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, executing transactions and developing internal investment presentations
- Opportunity to work on multiple deal teams and gain exposure to senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest real estate companies
- Conduct market and financial due diligence on various real estate opportunities
- Help execute business development initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and will graduate between December 2023 and June 2024
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across REI and the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraint
- Proficiency in Excel, and experience with Argus modeling and presentations preferred
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by May 25, 2022 at 11:55 PM EST.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.