Corporate Development Analyst II
Spire is seeking a Corporate Development Analyst to support initiatives that will contribute to long term earnings growth. This position is highly visible to the senior management team. This analyst will assist in making presentations for potential investments and other strategic initiatives as well as assist with corporate strategic planning and development execution across Spire, including existing business units and emerging businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the strategic planning process and long-term financial planning processes for Spire, its business units and emerging businesses.
- Create databases and help refine analytical frameworks, models, tools, etc. to support Spire’s strategic planning and corporate development efforts, including:
- Conducting industry value chain, competitive and strategic analyses
- Preparing capital market and M&A market and transaction analyses
- Conducting high level and detailed analyses of targets
- Assist in preparing financial analyses, pro-forma financial statements, business cases and valuation models for existing businesses and potential new businesses and services.
- Assist on M&A projects, participating to varying degrees in certain phases of project and transaction work (e.g., evaluation, and diligence).
- Assist in preparing recommendations and making presentations for potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic initiatives, including new regulated and non-regulated businesses, to the senior management team.
- All other duties as assigned.