Equitable Leadership Development Program
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
EMERGING LEADERS PROGRAM
As an Emerging Leaders Program participant, you will:
- Learn, understand, and work towards fulfilling our mission, which is to help our clients secure their financial well-being so they can pursue long and fulfilling lives; and execute on our business strategies.
- Gain real world experience by working in different roles and business areas at Equitable. This exposure will provide insights into what you enjoy doing and help inform your career choices going forward.
- Participate in a vigorous learning and development program, focusing on industry and business knowledge as well as technical skills.
- Build relationships with senior executives at Equitable through one on one mentorship.
- Network with senior leaders across the organization.
The Emerging Leaders is a corporate based 15 month rotational leadership development program, where you will work in three areas for five months each.
- The Innovation and Design Office focuses on business optimization aligned with Equitable’s Way of Working. You will gain skills in executing on critical business priorities, as well as executive presentations, market research and quantitative analysis.
- The Finance Department, which includes Business Partners, Treasury, Equitable Investment Management, Investor Relations, Office of the CFO and Financial Planning & Analysis, are trusted advisors who provide financial analysis that help executives make strategic decisions. You will get hands-on experience with financial modeling, management reporting and executive dashboards.
- By working in one of our commercial businesses, you will learn about the products and advice we offer our clients and what differentiates Equitable in the marketplace. Your role could include providing product development and sales support, conducting competitive intelligence, and assessing new business ventures. Our business lines include Individual Retirement, Group Retirement, Life, and Employee Benefits.
Skills required to ensure your success include:
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to in a wide variety of situations.
- Teamwork: Belief in the necessity and value of teamwork; experience working cooperatively towards shared goals and being supportive of others at all levels.
- Communication: Understanding the importance of insightful listening and communicating along with the ability to provide information and messages in a way that produces clarity and impact.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Continuous Learning: Understanding of the rationale behind the necessity to continually learn and grow and the ability to seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance and that of others.
- Results Orientation: Knowledge of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets; ability to drive critical activities to completion.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating or change.
- Recently earned (within 1-2 years) Bachelor’s degree
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.