Atlas Public Policy is looking for a qualified Policy Associate to join our exciting policy tech firm. Atlas equips businesses and policymakers to make strategic, informed decisions that serve the public interest. We build analytical tools and dashboards using powerful, accessible technology, and offer expert advisory and convening services to tackle the pressing issues of the day.
A qualified person must be sharp, ambitious, passionate, and capable of adapting to the evolving demands at Atlas. This position can be based in Washington, DC following a hybrid work model. This position can also be based in San Francisco, CA. Staff based in the Bay Area are currently following a work-from-home model.
Atlas’s customer base is primarily in the climate policy space, including public agencies from all levels of government, leading climate advocates in the non-profit sector, and top companies working on clean energy technology. Our work includes cutting edge research and development on critical climate-related policy issues, products that equip stakeholders with actionable information on clean energy markets, and strategic advising to key leaders in the climate space.
Atlas began in 2015 and has grown with increasing demand from our core set of public interest-focused customers. We engage all our staff in internal strategy development, and believe in work-life balance, career development, and cohesive team-oriented work.
- Support original research and sophisticated analyses on electric transportation, building decarbonization, and other areas of climate policy.
- Assist with data collection for the Atlas EV Hub and Buildings Hub.
- Assist with the writing of briefs and reports on original and synthesis research.
- Participate in and present at meetings with clients and other organizations actively working with Atlas.
- Pitch in at all levels to assist staff as needed.
- For recent graduates, undergraduate degree in public policy, history, STEM, economics, or related field;
- One year of work experience related to energy and/or climate policy or master’s degree in related field preferred;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills;
- Strong interest in joining a startup and realizing Atlas’s mission;
- Ambitious, self-directed, but knows when to pause and seek assistance;
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or other U.S. work authorization (please specify details in your application. Atlas does not offer sponsorship for permanent residency).
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Until filled
Time Commitment: Full time
Location: This position can be based in Washington, DC following a hybrid work model. This position can also be based in San Francisco, CA. Staff based in the Bay Area are currently following a work-from-home model.
Compensation: Annual salary of $55,000-$65,000 and competitive benefits (health insurance, vacation, and retirement).
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.