Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are seeking a curious and motivated Data Engineer to join our Data Strategy & Operations team at Paramount. This position supports the data ingestion needs within Corporate Research. The role services Brands across the Paramount portfolio and works across data from Streaming, Social, Digital and external platforms. This person will develop and support data pipelines to pull data through various ingestion methods (API, feed, S3, Snowflake, etc.) based on business needs. They will also work closely with datasets which are then used as inputs into downstreaming data flows and dashboarding/reporting.
- Maintain pre-existing data pipelines
- Develop & support new ingestion pipelines
- Expand upon existing processes to pull in new metrics/data needs based on business requirements
- Troubleshoot failures, data delays, and data anomalies to ensure data accuracy.
- Monitor jobs and find opportunities for efficiency in scheduling, dependencies, and functionality.
- Optimize data processes to ensure data timeliness and completeness.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years’ of working experience with Python - strong internship and project experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to import, clean, transform, and aggregate data with the purpose of translating large data sources into meaningful datasets for decision making purposes.
- Familiarity with data transfer methods/protocols required (including but not limited to APIs, feeds, S3, S/FTP, Google Cloud Storage, querying data out of data warehouses, snowflake, etc.)
- AWS or GCP knowledge
- Familiar with ETL tools
- Demonstrated usage of engineering best practices.
- Curiosity about all things data related
Nice to have:
- Experience in Linux/UNIX environments, SQL & R
- Experience contributing and collaborating via Git.
- A broad understanding of datasets from streaming, social, and digital platforms including but not limited to Adobe Analytics, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Familiar with SVOD & AVOD datasets.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Familiar with Domo or other BI tools.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.