Data Engineer – Remote
Global Data & Analytics Group is a cross-functional research team within the Science and Technology Center at Guardian Glass. We are on the front lines of projects that impact the operations of Guardian Glass manufacturing assets. We employ Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, Optimization, Process Engineering, and IoT technologies to improve efficiency of Guardian’s manufacturing processes. Examples of the challenges our group will be tackling are opportunities to optimize the existing operations, work closely on process research and operations teams to determine what process settings drive certain manufacturing results and to improve operations or predict future behaviors of product as it moves through the manufacturing. GD&A group focuses on applying advanced quantitative methods to solve a wide variety of challenging operations problems.As a Data Engineer you will join a growing and highly visible team in creating data driven solutions. You will develop the analytics and supporting framework for monitoring, control and insight into the process. You will build dashboards and displays that will give actionable insight to the end user. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders, remote monitoring, and data engineers to efficiently identify and implement use cases and develop tools for innovative process transformation. You will gain exposure to senior leadership as you showcase your results to key stakeholders in the business, demonstrating the superior value of your work.Our group of highly skilled, enthusiastic data scientists, data engineers, and operations research engineers is redefining what's possible for Guardian by utilizing the massive amount of process data to transform operations and research and development. We invest in our team by encouraging attendance at industry conferences and ongoing education opportunities enabling them to stay on the dynamic ever-changing data science landscape and bring new methods and techniques to their projects.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop a strong understanding of the operations and business processes and identify possible opportunities that add value.
- Engage with end users - operations teams and process SME’s - to leverage your critical thinking skills to apply data integration solutions and drive projects through to delivery toward the solution of operations problems
- Support and further develop the OSIsoft PI Asset Framework data architecture
- Create analyses, notifications and other tools to improve the ways in which teams access various data
- Develop interactive dashboards that will provide actionable insight
- Utilize version control in tool development and practice good documentation habits
- Improve availability, resolution, and functionality in data systems (e.g., data reliability, efficiency, usability, and quality) and improve downstream data analysis capabilities
- Manage RDBMS interfaces. Develop, maintain, and optimize production level SQL queries
- Exhibit business acumen building minimum viable products toward solving most of the issue instead of “perfecting” the solution, unless critical to safety
- Demonstrate strong communication skills for technical and non-technical audience. Solid technical writing and presentation skills. Strong data-driven storytelling to present to stockholders
- Working on multiple projects at the same time and switching priorities as the business needs require
- Open to learn continuously and apply what’s learned in practical applications
- Possess a proven track record of possessing intellectual curiosity and drive to build skills and capabilities
- Ability to grasp engineering concepts and apply them to technical challenges in an entrepreneurial manner
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to meet everchanging internal & external business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science or higher in a STEM discipline (upcoming Spring 2022 graduates may be considered)
- Development experience in SQL
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with PLCs and HMIs
- Two (2) or more years; experience working within or supporting operational teams
- Experience in process operations analytics and/or manufacturing optimization
- Working knowledge of glass manufacturing processes and/or vacuum coating
- PI System experience (PI Infrastructure Specialist certification, PI Installation Specialist certification)
- Experience building effective user interfaces and dashboards, using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Power Apps
- Scripting (Python, R, PowerShell)
- Basic understanding of software development with networking experience
- Working experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS) and experience creating virtual machines (AWS Cloud Practitioner certification)
- Experience applying knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts to include experience with applications (professional or academic experience is applicable
- Experience with one or more of the following cloud data warehouses: Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse, or Google BigQuery
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $60,000 - $100,000 per year in the U.S market.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf