Senior Research Engineer I - System Components & GAT
Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for driven, talented, and energetic researchers to join our current team. The successful candidate will act as an integral member of Abrasives product development teams by leveraging a strong background in the science and technology of grinding, by applying a deep understanding of how Abrasive product design and process factors impact grinding system performance, by exposing these relationships in well-designed tests of experimental products, and through timely and effective data analysis and communication. Knowledge, experience and methodologies learned in Abrasives projects will be applied for the benefit of the System Components business.
Reporting to the R&D Director of System Components & Grinding Applications Technology, the SREI will be a principle investigator of Abrasives R&D projects in the area of grinding and surface finishing. The candidate will work with various R&D and business teams to identify research opportunities, lead projects with responsibility for research in the science and technology of grinding and abrasive processing of materials, and to provide technical & testing support for the characterization of product performance.
- To support growth in the Abrasives business by developing and deploying robust, efficient application simulations for the evaluation of Abrasive product performance
- To support the System Components business by identifying new opportunities for growth in areas adjacent to our primary activities in Abrasives, and through the evaluation of products and services to support this growth
- To develop new grinding and finishing processes
- To foster talent development through the administration of Education & Training programs in grinding applications technology world-wide
- Knowledge and practical experience related to machining and/or grinding.
- Hands-on experience with process measurement system development and use.
- Project management skills, team collaboration, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with DoE and statistical analysis.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years of experience or MS Degree with 3+ years of experience, or entry level PhD., in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, materials engineering or a closely related discipline
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America is one of Saint-Gobain’s largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on multidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow's products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.