Staff Data Scientist - Marketing Decision Sciences
note: we are accepting applications to this position for master's students or PhD students with internship or work experience.
What you'll do...
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the data science team at Walmart. Our team partners with engineering teams, business professionals and product managers from a variety of digital marketing channels including SEM, SEO, CRM and Display, etc. The team is dedicated to developing large scale data-driven solutions for digital media to bring high quality demand to Walmart at low cost. Team members have the unique opportunity to mine massive data sets generated by Walmart’s unparalleled online and offline commerce and develop models and algorithms that sustain and accelerate the growth of Walmart through omni channels. You’ll work with our distributed team of diverse and passionate data scientists, engineers, marketers, and product managers to build a world-class marketing science practice and integrated platform designed to support entire Walmart to enhance marketing strategies.
As part of this team, you'll solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in machine learning in driving effective marketing strategies. The candidate should enjoy conceptualizing a team’s strategy to identify optimization opportunities and be a strong influence in how those opportunities are tested. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
In this role you will
- Utilize cutting-edge machine learning/statistical/optimization techniques to deliver solutions for projects in the domain of marketing science. Examples of projects include acquisition segmentation, churn prediction, channel optimization etc.
- Design statistically sound A/B testing experiments to properly evaluate the effectiveness and business value of proposed marketing strategies;
- Build, validate, test and deploy predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Mine massive data, derive business insights, and propose interesting modeling projects that have the potential to have high business impact;
- Collaborating with engineering teams to define interfaces, understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Standardize and build scalable and highly available systems that follow operational best practices;
- Developing visuals and reports to efficiently communicating model results and insights to business teams.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry work experience in an analytical or quantitative role as a Data Scientist or similar title
- 3+ years industry experience working in marketing data science/analytics
- Extensive experience generating insights using statistical modeling techniques
- Must have ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
- Strong skills with SQL, Hive, R or Python, Tableau for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing methodology, including statistical foundations, best practices, and pitfalls
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, data science, mathematics or other discipline (e.g., economics, psychology) that exposes scientific methods of research and analysis. Phd degree is a plus.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)Primary Location...
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.