2022 - Full Time Analyst - Global Markets: Foreign Exchange Strategist
Our Global Markets (GMA) team serves a variety of clients, including governments, multinationals, private banks and global institutions. From hedging and financing opportunities across every asset class, to research & market intelligence, our clients rely on us to develop and deliver market-leading solutions and outstanding service as standard.
As a GMA Analyst, you will engage in an initial immersive training as well as ongoing learning development as a member of the Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP). You will have the unique ability to develop interpersonal skills and gain global exposure through contributions to technical projects and relationships with both clients and colleagues across the global organization.
The objective of the Foreign Exchange Strategy team is to provide analysis and insight into the opportunities and dislocations in Foreign Exchange markets. The team interacts with traders, sales people, and clients through publications, client visits, virtual meetings, conferences, and the media. The primary publications include weekly and quarterly notes as well as more in-depth thought pieces.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character, upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
The Strategists in the Market 360 team analyze macroeconomic, positioning, volatility, flow, and thematic trends. The team maintains a large breadth of models that are often very quantitative in nature.
Strategists need to work together to develop analysis that spans exchange rate forecasting, trade ideas, modeling of market dislocations, and creation of frameworks to understand the impact of positioning and flows on market dynamics. This role would report directly into the Head of North America Developed Markets Strategy, who oversees not only the FX team, but also rates and equities. There is therefore plenty of opportunity in this position to develop knowledge across asset classes.
BNPP is looking for an Analyst level Strategist whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze macroeconomic data, including the balance of payments, to forecast foreign exchange trends
- Build and maintain quantitative models to identify mispricings in the foreign exchange markets
- Publish written content on findings, to be disseminated to clients
- Present team views in meetings with salespeople, traders, and clients
- Stay up to date on current events, geopolitics, and cross asset developments as they impact the foreign exchange market
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) is designed to equip you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area of the bank you are joining, you will be part of an award-winning team of specialists who work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will give you the tools to succeed and allow you to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Program Partner who will act as your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to network with colleagues and gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- All majors accepted
- Strong academic accomplishments, with degree ideally in economics or computational subjects
- Strong quantitative background in statistics, data, and ideally programming
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
- Excellent proficiency of Excel
- Must have an extremely strong attention to detail, ability to multi‐task
- Must work well in a collaborative, team‐centered environment