Internship in Data Warehouse Engineering
Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The Personalis NeXT Platform® is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer, providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system, from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' Clinical Laboratory was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-accredited.
Our priority is to obtain the most accurate genetic data from each patient sample and then to draw the most reliable, medically-focused conclusions from that data. We sequence the samples using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology in our state-of-the art laboratory. We evaluate the results utilizing proprietary databases, advanced human reference sequences, and sophisticated algorithms. At Personalis, we are on a cloud data transformation journey. As a Data Warehouse Engineer intern, you will partner with architects and data engineers to build out the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Besides building pipelines and data models, you will also work with company stakeholders to deliver on our business data-driven strategy.
- Design robust ETL/ELT processes that are maintainable and extensible
- Work in a cross-functional team environment, guiding projects from concept to technical delivery
- Review own and others’ SQL query code to ensure compliance to coding standards and best practices for maximum performance
- Work in a collaborative, dynamic Agile team environment
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
- Demonstrated fluency in ANSI-SQL (select, aggregation functions, all types of joins)
- Experience with Linux shell and Python
- Experience with T-SQL or SQL scripting would be a plus.
- While the preference is for an intern who can work a hybrid work schedule, we will consider candidates who can only work remotely.
- This internship is only available to candidates residing in and authorized to work in the United States.
- The start date of the internship is flexible and can be aligned to your academic calendar.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent direct experience
- Graduate student preferred
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.