Machine Learning Modeling Engineer
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to advance this nation’s core values by providing the United States and our allies access to leading technologies and innovations. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
At Shield you’ll be part of an elite team that uses machine learning to develop the best AI pilot. Help us build world-class infrastructure for autonomous behavior, scene understanding and embedded AI. We develop large pipelines for training, evaluating and productizing machine learning models. As a member of our machine learning team you will work with colleagues to develop new models in the areas of reinforcement learning, attention mechanisms and object detection and tracking. You will develop workflows to train and evaluate models and to ensure that they operate at peak performance onboard the different autonomous platform.
What you'll do:
- Work with colleagues to design, build and maintain high performance software libraries and pipelines for machine learning.
- Track recent advances in the state of the art in the areas of reinforcement learning, attention mechanisms and object detection and tracking.
- Work with team members to deliver software features on-time and meeting requirements.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and design and implement solutions for them.
- Improve visibility into model training and experiment tracking for machine learning engineers.
- Document code and workflows to enable engineers to rapidly implement solutions using the pipelines.
- Learn and apply best practices for state of the art machine learning development.
Projects you might work on:
- Develop ML models for 3D object detection and tracking in highly dynamic and noisy environments
- Develop RL models to improve autonomous multi agent behavior in GPS denied environments
- Develop new ML pipelines to improve collaboration among ML engineers and drive greater peak model performance
- Minimum Bachelors and 2+ year experience OR Masters/PhD in computer science, software engineering, machine learning engineering or similar field
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.